Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Poached Salmon

I found a bunch of recipes for poached salmon and tinkered with them until I had a version that was simple enough to make in a few minutes yet still tasty.

1 lemon, sliced thinly
1 large onion, sliced thinly
1 large salmon steak or 2 fillets
A few whole, black peppercorns

Place the lemons, onions and peppercorns in a shallow pan. Add a few inches of water and bring to a boil.

Wash the salmon, the gently add to the pan and cover.

Turn down the flame and let simmer for 10 minutes. Drain, lifting carefully from the water to avoid breaking. Cool & serve. Good with a bit of fresh dill.

1 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Mona said...

Mmmm, I love simple recipes. Thanks for that! I might have to go out and buy a salmon fillet just to try it :) It's terrible when I eat at home I'm pretty used to eating cans of junk : tuna, beans, chili, soup, etc. I'm newly inspired !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home